Affirmations: The Law of Attraction
Clearing the slate for it to really work Love yourself, they say…. and Love will come right back to you Ok …. but how? When I’m amid a private session with someone who has tried to use the law of attraction and affirmations for years and it hasn’t been working for them – you could imagine the sense of frustration. As they open their heart to me and begin to run down their list of 10,000 things that they have been putting out in the Universe and how they do so much for everyone and everything…yet, they themselves still feel empty? Why? Why haven’t they met their soulmate yet? Why aren’t they abundantly rich beyond imagination? Why aren’t they fulfilled? WHY??? One of my clients, who btw, I adore very much, was super frustrated and doubted the spiritual law of attraction. “Janet, really does this even work?” she stated with an underlying tone of impatience, discouragement and conviction. “I have been affirming every single day the same statement for months…”I AM HAPPILY IN LOVE WITH MY SOULMATE”, “I AM ABUNDANT AND LOVE MY CAREER”, “I COULD FIT INTO MY SKINNY JEANS AND I LOOK AND FEEL AMAZING”……“
Please tell me why, this has happened yet?” (imagine her eyes really wide open).
OK, let’s just settle down for a moment…. let’s breathe, relax, take a sip of water. Just chill out…for a moment. If you’re driving the car 70 miles’ p/h on a 35-mph zone you will, for sure, without a doubt, miss some of the most important turns and paths in your life because you’re so focused on getting to the finish line. Your life is not a race…this is not a competition. As Theodore Roosevelt once said, “competition is the thief of joy”.We each have our own distinctive destiny path. For us to achieve everything that we came here to do on this planet Earth…we need to slow the f*@! down and match the vibration of our desires and necessities. BAM!
So why don’t affirmations work right away? (time and space)
When our true emotions don’t match up to our exterior world–it’s not going to happen. If deep inside we feel less than or undeserving – and at the same time, we’re expecting the world to give us all the gifts, joy, and love in the Universe, it’s just not going to happen that way. Try putting a square peg into a round hole. Have you heard of the fake it till you make it theory?It does work… but only at times when you need courage or when you need to step up your game and stand up for something that you deserve and believe in. But if inside your mind and heart, you feel inadequate or less than, and you still quite don’t understand why you don’t have your castle and kingdom and your knight men working for you – it’s time for you to finally realize that you are already ENOUGH. You’re not missing anything outside yourself…everything else in life are just bonuses. When you finally realize that you have been feeding the Universe lies, your doubts, uncertainties, and mixed signals out there for soooo long, you will feel disempowered. Why? For what? You must admit that you haven’t been giving yourself the credit that you deserve, the pat on the back, the hey, “you’re amazing and fabulous”. The Universe doesn’t know what to gift you or give you because when it IS right in front of you…you’re too busy speeding onto the next thing, that you’re missing it. Or perhaps you are so full of doubts that there isn’t any room for the desires to manifest. TRUST – trust in yourself – TRUST in the process.
How to properly affirm and use the law of attraction to your benefit.
1. SLOW DOWN – Patience, my love. Practice it daily… especially with yourself. We all fall sometimes and make mistakes…it’s alright…we don’t have to consistently beat the crap out of ourselves days, weeks, or even years later. The Universe only responds to your present emotions. If something that hurt you happened years ago and you are still not ok with it years later…perhaps seeking a qualified therapist would help. But if you have done that already and worked it through and are still reminiscing of the time of the bad breakup – or the time you wore your heart on your sleeve and it was crushed…. Well, perhaps it’s time to close that chapter in a healthy and forgiving way. The Universe has no idea if the situation happened a second ago or 10 years ago…and the world is truly your mirror – it will mimic everything you feel inside…. trust ME. – Try a cord cutting session – it aids the process.
2. Forgiveness – forgive yourself and others. Don’t hold onto grudges. When you forgive someone, you are not enabling them or approving of their behavior if they mistreated you or if you witnessed bad behavior. You are just setting yourself free from any binds or attachments that aren’t healthy between you and the other person(s). Everyone in our lives came here to teach us something…forgiveness is one of those huge human lessons. It’s a difficult one, but when you really, really, truly forgive, it’s the most liberating feeling ever. It feels like a weight has been lifted off your shoulders…and this may be exactly what you need to begin on your affirmation(truth) journey. Make that SPACE!
3. Purification – Surround yourself with healthy foods, healthy people, and healthy thoughts. It’s great to cleanse your body with juice fasts, whole
foods, but it’s just as important to cleanse out past subconscious programs of negative self-talk, criticism, the I’m not good enough subconscious programs that you are repeating over and over to yourself and to others. Hypnotherapy helps a great deal – but just by acknowledging the negative habits and realizing that you have a choice to choose between healthy and toxic, really makes a difference. Eliminate your exposure to negative situations, toxic people and unhealthy environments that no longer suit you. It just stands in your way of your happiness.Stop trying to fill the happiness void with temporary vices. It only going to distract you just for a mere moment. Surround yourself with good role models and nurturing souls.
4. Self-Love…what does that mean exactly? Do you have a morning ritual? Or does your alarm go off about 5:30 am and you press snooze about 15 times and get up 7 am – brush your teeth, shower, get dressed, go about your day…and hope that today will BE THE DAY that your affirmations will finally come true????? Self-Love comes from a place of realization that you are responsible for your own happiness and no one is going to fulfill that void except for YOU. No one. We all look for love outside of our own hearts…in our partners, our teachers, our parents, but in reality – what we’re looking for, we already possess. How about this? In the morning – wake up …. get centered, meditate and set an intention for your day. Even by acknowledging 5 facts about ourselves will center us right away. You say you don’t have enough time to do this? Respect yourself enough to give yourself that time. Aren’t you looking for a partner that will treat you with respect…then it’s time to treat yourself the way you want other to treat you. Which leads me to #5….
5. The world is your mirror. Treat yourself the way you want others to treat you. Tell yourself that you Love yourself every single day. Look in the mirror in your beautiful eyes, look at your fabulous self and appreciate that you were given a chance to create a wonderful miracle today.
6. Kindness – be kind to yourself. Treat yourself the way you would treat anewborn baby or your new little puppy. Do something kind for others…it feels wonderful. Not because you are going to get the same karma in return, just because. Kindness and generosity goes a long way – it shows that we aren’t stingy with our hearts and it begins to open us up for prosperity to come in. What prosperity really is, is good health, happiness, balance, amazing relationships, and everything else that makes your soul joyful.
7. Connect to Your Inner Child. Go back to your vast childhood imagination. If you’re my age – we didn’t have smart phones – We were playing outside in front of our homes until the street lights would come on – that’s how we knew it was dinner time. I was a kid when ATARI and Sega Genesis just came out and that was a big deal. Go back to thetime when you were a child playing “house” with your siblings or your friends. Remember how fun it was to act out in a role that you all collectively made up. As a kid, you used your imagination so freely and played the part out with all your heart. Do it again…Feel what it would feel like to affirm something that your heart is opened to…fearlessly.
8. Invest in a journal or index cards and begin writing your affirmation as if you already achieved it. Feel it in every molecule of your body…. and feel the celebration in your soul and just imagine for a moment how itwould feel to achieve it. You could begin in baby steps…but now that you cleared the slate a little bit, you finally made space for theaffirmations to have some workspace. Begin with 4-6 affirmations and say them every day with conviction… I keep mine in a cute little index card case and take them out from time to time during the day.
9. Appreciation – be grateful for everything that you have achieved in your life, thus far. Gratitude and appreciation makes more space for affirmation to come in and become your reality. Try it and watch how it all begins to unfold!
Here are 101 affirmations from The Pioneer of Love Yourself, The Affirmation Queen, the Honorable Louise HayThe below was taken from her website http://www.louisehay.com/
1. Life loves me!
2. All is well in my world. Everything is working out for my highest good. Out of this situation only good will come. I am safe!
3. It’s only a thought, and a thought can be changed.
4. The point of power is always in the present moment.
5. Every thought we think is creating our future.
6. I am in the process of positive change.
7. I am comfortable looking in the mirror, saying, “I love you, I really love you.”
8. It is safe to look within.
9. I forgive myself and set myself free.
10. As I say yes to life, life says yes to me.
11. I now go beyond other people’s fears and limitations.
12. I am Divinely guided and protected at all times.
13. I claim my power and move beyond all limitations.
14. I trust the process of life.
15. I am deeply fulfilled by all that I do.
16. We are all family, and the planet is our home.
17. As I forgive myself, it becomes easier to forgive others.
18. I am willing to let go.
19.Deep at the center of my being is an infinite well of love.
20. I prosper wherever I turn.
21. I welcome miracles into my life.
22. Whatever I need to know is revealed to me at exactly the right time.
23. I am loved, and I am at peace.
24. My happy thoughts help create my healthy body.
25. Life supports me in every possible way.
26. My day begins and ends with gratitude.
27. I listen with love to my body’s messages.
28. The past is over.
29. Only good can come to me.
30. I am beautiful, and everybody loves me.
31. Everyone I encounter today has my best interests at heart.
32. I always work with and for wonderful people. I love my job.
33. Filling my mind with pleasant thoughts is the quickest road to health.
34. I am healthy, whole, and complete.
35. I am at home in my body.
36. I devote a portion of my time to helping others. It is good for my own health.
37. I am greeted by love wherever I go.
38. Wellness is the natural state of my body. I am in perfect health.
39. I am pain free and totally in sync with life.
40. I am very thankful for all the love in my life. I find it everywhere.
41. I know that old, negative patterns no longer limit me. I let them go with ease.
42. In the infinity of life where I am, all is perfect, whole, and complete. 43. I trust my intuition. I am willing to listen to that still, small voice within.
44. I am willing to ask for help when I need it.
45. I forgive myself for not being perfect.
46. I honor who I am.
47. I attract only healthy relationships. I am always treated well.
48. I do not have to prove myself to anyone.
49. I come from the loving space of my heart, and I know that love opens all doors.
50. I am in harmony with nature.
51. I welcome new ideas.
52. Today, no person, place, or thing can irritate or annoy me. I choose to be at peace.
53. I am safe in the Universe and All Life loves and supports me.
54. I experience love wherever I go.
55. I am willing to change.
56. I drink lots of water to cleanse my body and mind.
57. I choose to see clearly with the eyes of love.
58. I cross all bridges with joy and ease.
59. I release all drama from my life.
60. Loving others is easy when I love and accept myself.
61. I balance my life between work, rest, and play.
62.I return to the basics of life: forgiveness, courage, gratitude, love, and humor.
63. I am in charge, I now take my own power back.
64. My body appreciates how I take care of it.
65. I spend time with positive, energetic people.
66. The more peaceful I am inside, the more peace I have to share with others. 67. Today is a sacred gift from Life.
68. I have the courage to live my dreams.
69. I release all negative thoughts of the past and all worries about the future.
70. I forgive everyone in my past for all perceived wrongs. I release them with love.
71. I only speak positively about those in my world. Negativity has no part in my life.
72. We are all eternal spirit.
73. I act as if I already have what I want—it’s an excellent way to attract happiness in my life.
74. I enjoy the foods that are best for my body.
75. My life gets better all the time.
76. It is safe for me to speak up for myself.
77. I live in the paradise of my own creation.
78. Perfect health is my Divine right, and I claim it now. 79.I release all criticism.
80. I am on an ever-changing journey.81.I am grateful for my healthy body. I love life.
82. Love flows through my body, healing all dis-ease.
83. My income is constantly increasing.
84. My healing is already in process.
85. There is always more to learn.
86. I now live in limitless love, light, and joy.
87. I become more lovable every day.
88. It is now safe for me to release all of my childhood traumas and move into love.
89. I deserve all that is good.
90. I am constantly discovering new ways to improve my health.
91. Love is all there is!
92. Mis easy when I love and accept myself.
95. I have the perfect living space.
96. I have compassion for all.
97. I trust the Universe to help me see the good in everything and in everyone. 98. I love my family members just as they are. I do not try to change anyone. 99. There is plenty for everyone, and we bless and prosper each other.
100. I love and approve of myself. 101.Life is good, and so it is!Blessings xx